What is a Semi constructed Jacket? How do unconstructed, semi constructed and fully constructed jackets differ?
Semi constructed Jackets are half or fully lined with some fusing but no canvas and can have light padding. Semi constructed Jackets are not as soft or flowy as unconstructed jackets but they do have a more cleaner line akin to standard fully constructed jackets. This type of construction is used in jackets for casual wear and the fabric is usually wool blends, cottons or linens.
As a rule of thumb, unconstructed jackets only have 2 layers (the cloth itself and the lining), semi constructed jackets have three layers (the cloth, the lining and some fusing) while fully constructed jackets (most jackets are made this way) have four layers which are the cloth that the jacket is done in, the fusing, the canvas and the lining on the inside.
Other commonly asked questions about Product Features
- How does a fully constructed, tailored Jacket differ from semi constructed or unconstructed jackets?
- What is an unconstructed Jacket? What is the difference between a fully constructed and an unconstructed Jacket?
- What is the difference between ready to wear/off the peg and Made to Measure and full Bespoke Suits?
- How are your jackets, pants, shirts made? What type of construction is done on your jackets, shirts, pants? What are your manufacturing specifications?
- What types of Jacket/Coat construction is done at MySuitShop?
- What sort of religious criteria can be added to a Custom order construction?
- Are your Jackets Hand Basted or Fused? Can you do Hand Basted Canvas Fronts? Are shirt collars fused? What about the Seams?
- What are the Standards of MySuitShop.com?
- How do I know if MySuitShop is for me?
- What about Big and Tall sizes?
- Can I order for others such as family?
I have a different question about Product Features (Send an Email)