What is an unconstructed Jacket? What is the difference between a fully constructed and an unconstructed Jacket?
An unconstructed mens or womens jacket is designed with little or no interfacing, padding, or lining to produce a loose, soft shape for a casual summer wear. Generally, the fabric used in an unconstructed jacket is cotton or linen and the colors are mainly light summer colors. Unconstructed jackets can be either half or fully lined, have no fusing, no canvas and may have a little padding. Overall, it is soft and flowy.
Fully Constructed jackets are always fully lined, have fusing and canvas, generally has normal padding and has stiffer more clean lines.
Other commonly asked questions about Product Features
- How does a fully constructed, tailored Jacket differ from semi constructed or unconstructed jackets?
- What is a Semi constructed Jacket? How do unconstructed, semi constructed and fully constructed jackets differ?
- What is the difference between ready to wear/off the peg and Made to Measure and full Bespoke Suits?
- How are your jackets, pants, shirts made? What type of construction is done on your jackets, shirts, pants? What are your manufacturing specifications?
- What types of Jacket/Coat construction is done at MySuitShop?
- What sort of religious criteria can be added to a Custom order construction?
- Are your Jackets Hand Basted or Fused? Can you do Hand Basted Canvas Fronts? Are shirt collars fused? What about the Seams?
- What are the Standards of MySuitShop.com?
- How do I know if MySuitShop is for me?
- What about Big and Tall sizes?
- Can I order for others such as family?
I have a different question about Product Features (Send an Email)