What are Morning Pants?
Morning dress pants are a particular category of men´s formal dress. It is worn with top hat and tails, and is most frequently to be seen being worn by male members of a wedding party. In common with court dress, mess dress and white tie, morning dress is usually reserved for particularly prestigious or important occasions. Despite the name, it may be worn at any time before 5pm. However, it is becoming increasingly common to continue wearing it later than this. The morning pant/trousers should not have turn-ups (cuffs), and should have one pleat to each leg. Braces should be worn to prevent the waistband from appearing beneath the waistcoat. These types of pants are often called as "Morning Pants". Typically morning pants are charcoal grey with stripes and go with dove tail morning coats and white waistcoats.
We would recommend the more value added Exclusive and Deluxe fabrics for this kind of trousers. These types of fabrics are imported from countries like Italy, France and the U.K. and are all pure wools, cashmeres etc unless otherwise specified.
Other commonly asked questions about Style Specific Questions
- What is the difference between Inverse Pleats and Reverse pleats and how do they differ from the standard pleats in pants?
- What is a vent?
- Do you make detachable collar dress shirts?
- What is a Peak Lapel?
- What is a Notch Lapel?
- What is an ainsley collar?
- What is the difference between English or British cut and Italian cut mens suits?
- What is a button down collar?
- What is the difference between a single breasted and a double breasted jacket?
- what is a sculptured collar?
- What is a Split Back on Jackets?
- What is are inverted box pleats?
- What is the difference between a Notch Lapel and a Peak Lapel?
- What are ticket pockets?
- What is a hidden button down collar?
- What style is best for me?
- What is button stance?
- What is a Gorge?
- What is a Placket Covered Front?
- What is a bouttonnaire?
- What is a Mandarin collar or Thai collar or Oriental collar?
- Where does custom tailoring and the Traditional and Modern Styles fit in ?
- What is the difference between a Suit Jacket, a Blazer and a Sports Jacket ?
- Can Designer Styles be Replicated ?
- Can I order deviations from Styles that I like but want slightly different ?
- What are the Construction Specifications for your shirts?
- What are hand stitched lapels and pockets?
I have a different question about Style Specific Questions (Send an Email)