What is an ainsley collar?
An Ainsley collar is a standard necktie collar that has a 45 degree to 60 degree angle at the tie space (place closest to skin at the neck - above the neck button). This is the most common type of collar used for shirts that are worn with neck ties.
You can learn more about fabrics by visiting our Glossary pages or you can do quick Style searches using one or more criteria and keywords to help pick specific styles that you have in mind.
Other commonly asked questions about Style Specific Questions
- What is the difference between Inverse Pleats and Reverse pleats and how do they differ from the standard pleats in pants?
- What are Morning Pants?
- What is a vent?
- Do you make detachable collar dress shirts?
- What is a Peak Lapel?
- What is a Notch Lapel?
- What is the difference between English or British cut and Italian cut mens suits?
- What is a button down collar?
- What is the difference between a single breasted and a double breasted jacket?
- what is a sculptured collar?
- What is a Split Back on Jackets?
- What is are inverted box pleats?
- What is the difference between a Notch Lapel and a Peak Lapel?
- What are ticket pockets?
- What is a hidden button down collar?
- What style is best for me?
- What is button stance?
- What is a Gorge?
- What is a Placket Covered Front?
- What is a bouttonnaire?
- What is a Mandarin collar or Thai collar or Oriental collar?
- Where does custom tailoring and the Traditional and Modern Styles fit in ?
- What is the difference between a Suit Jacket, a Blazer and a Sports Jacket ?
- Can Designer Styles be Replicated ?
- Can I order deviations from Styles that I like but want slightly different ?
- What are the Construction Specifications for your shirts?
- What are hand stitched lapels and pockets?
I have a different question about Style Specific Questions (Send an Email)