What is the difference between a Notch Lapel and a Peak Lapel?
A Notch lapel is when there is a 45 to 90 degree angle of separation between the collar and the lapel at the point where they join. The collar is the part that goes around the neck and the lapel is the part that sits on the front of the chest. In a Notch lapel, there is a wide space separating the outer most tip of the collar from the outer most tip of the lapel.
In a Peak lapel, the lapel rises up and beyond the collar tip so as to create a peak of sorts. Separation between the collar and the lapel in this case is less than 1 degree due to the fact that the lapel rises upwards and by default therefore runs parallel to the outer rim of the collar. The tip therefore points towards the shoulders.
To view these features, type in the words - Notch Lapel - or - Peak Lapel in the keyword field of our Style Search page and styles bearing these features will be displayed for your perusal.
Other commonly asked questions about Style Specific Questions
- What is the difference between Inverse Pleats and Reverse pleats and how do they differ from the standard pleats in pants?
- What are Morning Pants?
- What is a vent?
- Do you make detachable collar dress shirts?
- What is a Peak Lapel?
- What is a Notch Lapel?
- What is an ainsley collar?
- What is the difference between English or British cut and Italian cut mens suits?
- What is a button down collar?
- What is the difference between a single breasted and a double breasted jacket?
- what is a sculptured collar?
- What is a Split Back on Jackets?
- What is are inverted box pleats?
- What are ticket pockets?
- What is a hidden button down collar?
- What style is best for me?
- What is button stance?
- What is a Gorge?
- What is a Placket Covered Front?
- What is a bouttonnaire?
- What is a Mandarin collar or Thai collar or Oriental collar?
- Where does custom tailoring and the Traditional and Modern Styles fit in ?
- What is the difference between a Suit Jacket, a Blazer and a Sports Jacket ?
- Can Designer Styles be Replicated ?
- Can I order deviations from Styles that I like but want slightly different ?
- What are the Construction Specifications for your shirts?
- What are hand stitched lapels and pockets?
I have a different question about Style Specific Questions (Send an Email)