What is laundering and starching?
Professional laundering is offered by most dry cleaners. Washable garments are professionally washed and pressed. Men´s and women´s shirts are often bleached and starched according to the manufacturers label. Some of the laundering is done with very hot water which may shrink the interfacing or stiffening used in collars and cuffs. Less expensive garments may use interfacing that either shrinks or comes loose with very hot water. These garments cannot be fixed.
Starching shirts and other cotton or cotton/polyester garments is common.The basic function of starch is to stiffen the garment. Incidental use is to prevent stains from penetrating the fiber. However, starch leaves minute crystals in the fiber and can often wear the garment out faster than a garment that has not been starched. The choice is then appearance versus longer life for your garment
Other commonly asked questions about Other Issues
- How do I Clean my suit?
- Where is www.mysuitshop.com located?
- What are the Conditions for the many promotions offered? Where and How do I select items I am to receive in the promotions?
- Do you visit USA, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or Europe on annual Mail Order Trips ? Do you visit my part of the world, my area and locality to take orders or measurements ?
- I would like to see client references of some of your other clients in my area or locality.
- Where are you located ? What is your Physical address ? Can I have directions to your location ?
- What is MySuitShop´s Stand on Human Rights and Conservation?
I have a different question about Other Issues (Send an Email)