What is Linen? Why Linen?
A pure linen suit is a garment in itself. While it does wrinkle, it gives the image of a leisure suit that no other fabric can provide. Think casual, leisure, elegant, sporty, again sporty or sport, landed gentry, sunny, sun tanned, young, summer, tropical and mix it all up into a cocktail and that is the effect a pure linen suit gives.
We recommend pure linen for summer suits if one does not mind the wrinkles that a linen suit creates.
On the other hand, linen was originally made as a fabric for suits for those who could afford one wear and then a dry clean and stem press. Hence the wrinkles were never an issue. In fact, it is the wrinkles themselves that are the main characteristic of linen in that despite the wrinkles the linen falls so well as to given an excellent silhouette.
Other commonly asked questions about Fabrics and Styles
- I want to order a poplin, cotton, wool, silk suit/shirt?
- I would like to order custom denim Jackets/coats/slacks/jeans etc.
- I am looking for a particular colour. Do you have the colour I am looking for?
- What is Fabric Popularity and how is it judged?
- I have a particular fabric in mind, how do I search for it on this site?
- What are the most popular fabrics? What are votes on fabrics?
- I am looking for wrinkle resistant fabrics, durable, everyday wear
- Do you have higher end fabrics available apart from those displayed?
- Where can I find the Exclusive, Deluxe and Heritage Gold collections?
- What is the difference between the CLASSIC COLLECTIONS, PREMIER COLLECTION and the SUPERIOR COLLECTION ?
- Which Mills do you obtain your fabrics from? Where do most of your fabrics come from?
- What is PVC ? What is Pleather ?
- I am looking for Fabric Care Information
- I want to know more about the Various Silks available.
- What are fabrics in the CloseOuts Category? What are Exclusive Closeouts? Deluxe Closeouts?
- What material and colour has been used in the Style image I like ? I want to order the same.
- I would like to order a garment from one collection, in a fabric from another collection. How do I do so ?
- I am a woman, but I like mens style shirts or suits. How do I order this ?
- I would like to order a Custom made Denim Jeans. Can you do this?
- I would like to order a Suit/Shirt in White/Cream/Blue/Yellow/Pink/Orange or in a colour not shown here . How do I do so ? What Fabric is best for such a garment?
- I would like to buy Fabric only / Do you Sell by the Yard ?/ What is the cost per yard of Fabric ?
- I am looking for a very particular fabric/Can you source a fabric I am looking for?
- Where and How do I view the various fabrics?
- Does MySuitShop Make to Measure with my cloth? How and Where can I send you cloth for my Custom garments?
- Does MySuitShop customize to any style?
- Can you make a custom piece of clothing from an image I send to you?
- Can I order swatches?
- I would like to know more about Textiles.
- Where can I find more information about fashion and clothing?
- I would like to Order a CATALOGUE of your products.
I have a different question about Fabrics and Styles (Send an Email)