The clothing order was received yesterday. Everything seems to fit very well. It was nicely packed. I have taken the clothes to the dry cleaners, as you have suggested. I am hoping that the sizes will still be correct. I will advise you if any ´fine tuning´ in my measurements are going to be needed. My wife, Elaine was also very pleased with the fit. She is a ´full figured woman.´ She will order something from you, when we return from our vacation. We will leave for Beijing, China. We will board the Orient Express train and go to Mongolia, Siberia, several more cities in Russia and then arrive in Moscow. We have extended our tour to include St.Petersburg Russia and return home P.S. Do you make raw and regular silk sports shirts with short sleeves? My esteemed tailor you have done a superb job. I am most grateful for your wise and competent advice. Many Thanks again for all your efforts,
Walt - U.S.A.
Mysuitshop International News Articles
Newsletter June 2002
June 6th, 2002
Greetings from www.mysuitshop.com and welcome to our latest newsletter.
It has been some time since we last communicated with you and I hope you find this update useful and sartorially enlightening.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
WHAT´S NEW at mysuitshop.com?
.we have added new chalk and pin stripes to our exclusive and deluxe collections. End-on-End patterns in suits have for the first time been introduced in our selection. New Shirting fabrics too have been introduced in all our collections, especially in the white on whites and heavier cottons. We are constantly updating our fabric selections as new materials come in and the older ones are discontinued. Please keep checking back with us on a regular basis to see what is new.
NEW STYLES..We are introducing new styles on a regular basis and in the works are over 1000 new styles across the board that are being continuously updated.
NEW PROMOTIONS..Our range of promotional offers featured in their own special category called the WARDROBE SPECIALS at http://www.mysuitshop.com/packages.php offer set packages that introduce bulk buying savings into the sartorial purchase. A complete gamut of new offers has been introduced in this section to ensure even better prices for the buyer of multiple wardrobe pieces. Two suits from our exclusive collections is only USD 510 instead of the USD 600 at regular prices, for example. Visit us at http://www.mysuitshop.com/packages.php to view the great deals available for this summer.
ADDED CUSTOMIZATION...In the works are added conveniences such as real-time online suggestions features that allow you to ask for suggestions and recommendations in real-time either from one of our tailors or from our vast database of knowledge and experience. You would be able to ask for suggestions for individual pieces or complete wardrobes with multiple pieces, directly from our database. This would allow you to create your own custom wardrobe tailored specifically for your needs and requirements and to suit your very own budget.
Recently launched, is our resellers management console that allows our resellers and dealers to access our database online, make searches, create customer profiles for their clients, place orders for new and repeat clients and check accounts etc. This feature now streamlines the order placement process used by our resellers and has resulted in respectable gains in efficiency in order processing. This is a big plus for our resellers who now enjoy an even better turn around time which in turn keeps their commitments to their clients fulfilled more easily. Resellers are now able to avail of real-time fabric availability updates, access our style checker that can be used to search for specific style criteria, edit orders placed with us, make changes to their specifications, and a lot more from the reseller´s area. Measurements profiles of the reseller´s clients can be stored, viewed and edited from here as well. This would enable our resellers to place repeat orders for their clients without having to resubmit information that has already been submitted.
SWATCHES .. We are also streamlining are ´swatches request´ procedure which is in the works and will allow potential clients to be able to request specific swatches more easily via a request form rather than via emails back and forth. This will be released in the next week or so.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
What NEW PROMOTIONS are being offered at mysuitshop.com?
Apart from our regular promotions, we hope to be able to provide even more
value for money with these custom designed promotional offers.
Our latest promotional offers include the ´SILKY HANDFUL´ of ten silk shirts from our classics as well as the ´DUPLEX´ of two of our exclusive two piece suits. ´THE WAREHOUSE´ is a special consisting on three suits and six to ten shirts. These specials are being offered at a sizeable discount and can be ordered at http://www.mysuitshop.com/packages.php .
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
What are other e-shoppers ordering this month?
Stripes are In! And so is the Nehru look in White. Linens are on their wane, cotton is back into vogue.
Whites, creams and off-white leisure suits are becoming more popular for casual wear and stern stripes are back for business suits. Darker and more daring colours are in for shirts. Our recently introduced pure THAI SILK for shirts has proven extremely popular for evening wear for men and for women.
Share this article with friend
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
DID YOU KNOW?..in 1500BC a Shaved head was considered the ultimate in feminine beauty. Egyptian women carefully removed every hair on their heads with special gold tweezers, and polished their scalps with a buffing cloth ! And In 18th Century England women´s wigs were sometimes 4 feet high. They were dusted with flour, and decorated with stuffed birds, garden ornaments, model ships and plates of fruit. They were covered with fat to make them waterproof, which meant mice and insects often infested them!
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
What´s new on the FASHION GRAPEVINE ?
Flip-flops are like dirty gym shoes, says footwear designer Donald J. Pliner.
"They´re not the nicest-looking things, but they´re so easy to wear, so comfortable. You don´t have to think about it. You just slip your feet into them and go," he says.
"Basically, people are lazy. No wonder flip-flops are popular."
But flip-flops have moved way beyond casual in recent seasons -- particularly the women´s styles. And they´re no longer made just of rubber.
Now they come in leather, denim or rope, with heels or platform soles, and decorated with buckles, sequins or crystals.
The single identifying feature that remains unchanged is the double strap that comes between the first and second toes. That thong is what separates flip-flops (no matter how embellished) from all other sandals.
Flip-flops don´t trace their origin to American surf shops, although their association with those establishments might lead to that conclusion. Rather, they are copied from Japanese zori -- sandals made with sponge-rubber soles and a thong between the first two toes.
It was in the late 1990s that flip-flops made the leap from beach to city sidewalk, says Jen Mooney, fashion editor at Footwear News, a trade publication.
"In New York a few years ago, everyone started wearing cheap rubber flip-flops. They look great, they´re easy to wear, they´re really inexpensive -- so why not? They became a huge trend overnight," she says.
Designers took note, and for a couple of seasons they sent their models down the runway wearing flip-flops -- even with ball gowns.
"They give an outfit a funky edge, a certain attitude, casual but chic," Mooney says. "Almost every company does them now."
That includes style leaders such as Ferragamo, Prada and Gucci and trendy newcomers that include Kate Spade, Faryl Robin and Lisa Nadine. Even Chanel has put its famous double C´s on flip-flops, which sell for a cool $405.
With such a high-priced stamp of approval, there´s no doubt about it: The humble beach thong has morphed into a high-fashion phenomenon.
Pliner designs flip-flops with supportive orthotic foot beds, platform soles, two-inch hourglass heels and straps of brightly colored suede or metallic leather.
They´re beautiful and sensuous, he says. And they go with everything.
"Flip-flops are the easiest solution to summer footwear."
From.. the Washington Post.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
On a different note, here is a fact about WOOL!
´Royal´ sheep gives finest bale of wool
The best grade fleece from Australia´s most pampered sheep has produced the country´s finest bale of wool, likely to fetch more than A$100,000 (US$54,000) and be woven into designer suits for men.
The sheep are dressed in coats protect them from wind and rain, their diet is monitored by a nutritionist, and a small number are kept in sheds.
They´re treated like royalty and looked after like princes, said Barry Walker, a fifth generation ultrafine wool grower, yesterday.
The downside for the sheep is that the wool only comes from wethers -castrated rams.
Usually the females are there to breed and being pregnant changes their physiology and as the physiology of the animal changes so does the fibre, Walker said. A wether´s fibre will change much less because there is no hormonal effect on it.
The 94- kilogram (207-pound) bale was created by a consortium of three family farms based in Yass, in southeastern New South Wales, and the threads have been officially measured at an average of 12.1 microns wide, Walker said. By comparison, a human hair is about 100 microns wide. A micron is a thousandth of a millimeter.
The previous Australian record was a 12.5-micron bale, which was bought by Italian mill company Loro Piana for a record A$131,000(US$70,518) in February this year.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
I do hope you enjoyed this newsletter, and look forward to your feedback on how to keep improving it.
by Ravi the Tailor
Mysuitshop International News Archives
- Should You Order A Men’s Custom Tuxedo? (December 1st, 2013)
- Understanding The Role Of A Business Suit When Power Dressing (November 10th, 2013)
- Can You Really Buy Tailored Men’s Shirts Online? (October 19th, 2013)
- Are You Afraid To Ask About Bespoke Suits For Men? (September 23rd, 2013)
- Tips For Buying Big And Tall Suits (September 5th, 2013)
- Made To Measure Offers An Affordable Bespoke Alternative (August 27th, 2013)
- Choosing The Right Belt For Your Custom Suit (August 9th, 2013)
- How To Choose Big And Tall Suit (July 30th, 2013)
- History Of The Custom Business Suit (July 16th, 2013)
- How To Mix Patterns In Your Custom Suit Collection (July 1st, 2013)
- Choosing Between A 2 Button Or 3 Button Custom Suit (June 19th, 2013)
- Must Have Jackets And Coats For Men (June 7th, 2013)
- Custom Clothing Terms To Know (May 31st, 2013)
- What Elements Are In A Formal Wear Wardrobe? (May 23rd, 2013)
- How To Dress Your Body Type (May 7th, 2013)
- How To Choose The Right Fabric For You (May 3rd, 2013)
- How To Choose The Right Custom Suit For You (April 23rd, 2013)
- How To Choose Men’s Suits Online (April 11th, 2013)
- How To Design A Custom Trouser (April 1st, 2013)
- How To Wear Nudes (March 5th, 2013)
- Why Do I Hate Brown Color? (February 19th, 2013)
- The Trend Setters – A Custom White Suit? Clunky Watches? Ankle Straps? (January 15th, 2013)
- A Tailor Made Suit (March 11th, 2012)
- More About Waistband In Skirts And Pants (January 16th, 2012)
- Fabrics Used For Suits (January 8th, 2012)
- Thread Count On High Quality Shirts (December 9th, 2011)
- Luxury Wool And Cashmere (November 17th, 2011)
- How To Make Your Own Patterns (November 10th, 2011)
- Clothing Color Cordination (October 20th, 2011)
- Womens Skirt (September 25th, 2011)
- Trousers Style (August 22nd, 2011)
- 10 Common Fashion Mistakes (August 4th, 2011)
- Vintage Fashion (July 7th, 2011)
- Mandarin Collar Suit (June 20th, 2011)
- Fashion Tips For Short Man (May 31st, 2011)
- Interview Suits (May 17th, 2011)
- More On Apparel, Clothing & Garments (April 25th, 2011)
- Fabric Manufacturing - Weaving, Knitting, Braiding (March 28th, 2011)
- Fashion Trends (March 14th, 2011)
- Dress Shirts With Suits (February 17th, 2011)
- Suit Etiquettes (January 28th, 2011)
- Western Style Business Suits (January 7th, 2011)
- Elements Of Formal Clothing - Part 4 (December 14th, 2010)
- Yahoo Says - How To Tie A Tie Is Most-asked Web Question In 2010 (December 13th, 2010)
- History Of Suits - Part 3 (November 10th, 2010)
- History Of Suits - Part 2 (November 9th, 2010)
- History Of Suits - Part 1 (November 8th, 2010)
- Ordering An Overcoat (October 19th, 2010)
- Tailor Made Mens Dress Shirt (October 18th, 2010)
- Components Of Black Tie Attire (September 22nd, 2010)
- Types Of Waistcoat Or Vest (September 13th, 2010)
- Frock Coat - A Formal Wear (August 31st, 2010)
- What Are Different Shapes Of Skirts? (August 23rd, 2010)
- The Silhouette For Suits, Sports Jackets And Topcoats (August 20th, 2010)
- Mens Style - Important Rules (July 16th, 2010)
- Know Your Body Type To Get The Fit (July 13th, 2010)
- Cotton Pyjamas (July 12th, 2010)
- Wool - A Versatile Fabric For Tailored Suits (June 28th, 2010)
- What Is A Thread Count On Shirts? (June 5th, 2010)
- Mens Linen Pants (June 1st, 2010)
- Waistcoats - In Fashion (May 7th, 2010)
- Mens Sports Coat Or Blazer (April 24th, 2010)
- Basics Of Mens Suit (March 22nd, 2010)
- Jeans And Denim Fashion (March 9th, 2010)
- Custom Tailored Mens Dress Shirt (January 29th, 2010)
- Perfect Attire For Winters (January 15th, 2010)
- How To Wear A Double Breasted Suit (December 22nd, 2009)
- Wedding Attire For Groom-- Tuxedo (December 4th, 2009)
- More On Topstitching (November 21st, 2009)
- The Custom Clothing --- Is This Really For You? (November 6th, 2009)
- Features Of A Good Custom Suit (October 23rd, 2009)
- How To Choose Mens Suit Color (October 9th, 2009)
- Made To Measure Shirt Styles (September 14th, 2009)
- How To Choose The Color And Fabric For The Shirt (August 23rd, 2009)
- Fabric For Dress Shirts (July 24th, 2009)
- How To Choose Right Fabric For Business Shirt (June 22nd, 2009)
- Why Custom Fit (June 14th, 2009)
- What Are The Benefits To Buy Custom Cloths (June 5th, 2009)
- Casual Business Attire (June 1st, 2009)
- The History Of Custom Clothing: An Overview (May 24th, 2009)
- How To Dress Within Your Industry Norms (March 25th, 2009)
- Suits To Wear In Recession (March 11th, 2009)
- Casual Yet A Business Executive Attire (February 27th, 2009)
- Wardrobes That Win In Work Place (February 23rd, 2009)
- Does Cloths Reflects Your Personality (February 14th, 2009)
- Dressing For Succes For Women (February 4th, 2009)
- How To Make Your Interview Wardrobe (January 23rd, 2009)
- How To Choose Right Suit (December 27th, 2008)
- Style Vs. Fashion (December 8th, 2008)
- New Laws Of Fashion Part 1 (August 29th, 2008)
- How To Do Shop Smart Shopping. (July 17th, 2008)
- Proper Dressing For An Interview. (June 20th, 2008)
- Dressing Etiquettes (May 29th, 2008)
- Dressing Behaviour Shows Your Personality (April 18th, 2008)
- Design Your Wardrobe (March 9th, 2008)
- Quality And Quantity (February 18th, 2008)
- How To Match Your Shirt And Tie (February 11th, 2008)
- Smart Online Shopping (January 15th, 2008)
- Business Suit For Men - Made Of Wool (December 22nd, 2007)
- Men's Business Suit (November 16th, 2007)
- Do's And Dont's For The Smart Dresser (October 21st, 2007)
- Investing In Your Custom Made Wardrobe (October 11th, 2007)
- The Right Clothes For The Work Place (September 20th, 2007)
- Suits And Shirts For Work (September 3rd, 2007)
- Accessories For The Well Dressed Man (August 20th, 2007)
- Wool Worsteds & Super Numbers.... (August 13th, 2007)
- Tools Of The Trade (August 6th, 2007)
- Your Perfect Formal Wardrobe. (July 20th, 2007)
- Proper Dressing For An Interview. (July 10th, 2007)
- Dressing In The Corporate World. (July 2nd, 2007)
- Different Looks At Different Times. (June 22nd, 2007)
- The Importance Of Formal Cloths In Today's Life. (June 6th, 2007)
- Dress Smart - The Packaging Of You – How To Clothe Your Self (May 11th, 2007)
- What To Wear To Work - Deciphering Industry Dress Codes (March 19th, 2007)
- Checking Out The Dress Codes Of Business (February 26th, 2007)
- Clothes Talk, People Listen (February 13th, 2007)
- Interview Wardrobe - From Dress Smart (February 5th, 2007)
- Do You Dress Smart? - From Dress Smart For Men (January 15th, 2007)
- Trends In Business Wear (December 25th, 2006)
- What To Wear To A Wedding - Attire For The Invited (December 6th, 2006)
- The S-numbers Game - Mens Super Wool Suits (November 25th, 2006)
- How To Choose A Tailor For Your Suit (November 18th, 2006)
- Storing Your Suits And Shirts At Home (November 5th, 2006)
- Dress For Interview Success (October 15th, 2006)
- Renting And Buying Basics For Mens Tuxedos (October 8th, 2006)
- The Easy Fix - The Seasons New Jacket Styles - From Formal To Casual (September 30th, 2006)
- How To Sell Made To Measure Suits And Shirts (September 23rd, 2006)
- Cotton - Hemp - Jute - Clothing For Men And Women (September 12th, 2006)
- When You Travel By Air - Wardrobe And Clothing Fyi (September 2nd, 2006)
- Clothes Do Make The Man! - Or At Least The First Impression (August 12th, 2006)
- Mens Suits In Wool Specialty Fibers (August 4th, 2006)
- Hire A Tailor For Custom Made Suits And Shirts (July 29th, 2006)
- Write Up On Natural And Synthetic Fiber (June 30th, 2006)
- Shirt And Suit Colours And Their Meanings (June 26th, 2006)
- Wash Silk At Home! (June 2nd, 2006)
- Alan Flusser: Back To Basics (May 24th, 2006)
- Accessories For Your Suits And Shirts (May 15th, 2006)
- A Guide To Kosher Halach Compliant Clothing (May 8th, 2006)
- How To Keep Your Suits, Shirts And Ties Clean (April 22nd, 2006)
- Some Materials Used In Mens Suits (April 13th, 2006)
- The Secret Of Buying Suit For Work (April 3rd, 2006)
- Hat Wearing Etiquette For Men (March 28th, 2006)
- History Of The Black Suit (March 22nd, 2006)
- The Making And Different Kinds Of Synthetic Fibers (March 4th, 2006)
- Flight Suits And Dress When Travelling (February 25th, 2006)
- Mens Business Suit - British Cut And American Cut (February 18th, 2006)
- The Burn Test - How To Test A Fabric For Its Contents (February 10th, 2006)
- The Numbers Game - What Does Super Wool Mean? (January 30th, 2006)
- The Tux: A Groom's Fashion Checklist (January 23rd, 2006)
- Lifestyle - Older, Wiser And Trendier - How Dressing Your Age Can Make You Look Younger (January 16th, 2006)
- Bespoke Suits For Men - How To Wear (January 9th, 2006)
- The Making Of A Bespoke Suit - By A Suit Maker. (December 19th, 2005)
- Harris Tweed - A Story (December 11th, 2005)
- Pleather - What Is Going On With Artificial Leather This Season - Pleather Over Leather? (December 4th, 2005)
- Terms And Meanings In The Tailors World (November 28th, 2005)
- Evolution And Revolution In Mens Clothing (November 17th, 2005)
- Why Do Men Button Left Over Right And Women Right Over Left? (November 3rd, 2005)
- ‘made In Italy’ Is Starting To Go Out Of Fashion (October 25th, 2005)
- Office Fashion Tip: Looking Grown Up Whatever Your Age (October 17th, 2005)
- Men's Fashion Grooming (September 26th, 2005)
- Wedding Guest Attire (September 19th, 2005)
- The Blazer (September 12th, 2005)
- Nip And Tuck (September 5th, 2005)
- Uniform Gets The Respect It Deserves (August 29th, 2005)
- Dry Cleaning Your Suits (July 19th, 2005)
- Dressing To Hide Your Weight, Dressing Tips For Bbw And Large Size Males (July 18th, 2005)
- A Bespoke Suit (July 11th, 2005)
- Detachable Collars On Custom Made Business And Formal Shirts - Brief History (July 4th, 2005)
- How To Ensure A Proper Fit (June 28th, 2005)
- Store Your Clothes... Properly (June 20th, 2005)
- Men’s Fashion: Suits (June 13th, 2005)
- The Ten Most Common Men's Fashion Mistakes (June 6th, 2005)
- Dressing For Job Interviews (May 31st, 2005)
- Loose Wire - The Art, And Technology, Of Packing Your Clothes (May 24th, 2005)
- There Is Something About Socks (May 17th, 2005)
- Men's Accessories: What Is Hot Now - For Weddings - For The Groomsman (May 9th, 2005)
- Preening Returns To Form -- And Thats Just Dandy (May 3rd, 2005)
- 2005 Spring/summer (April 26th, 2005)
- Luxurious Wool For Suits (April 18th, 2005)
- Some Suggestions For Randomly Selected Faq's (April 4th, 2005)
- Clothes Do Make The Man! - How Important Really Is What We Wear? (March 28th, 2005)
- The Tux: A Groom's Fashion Checklist (March 21st, 2005)
- The Tux: A Glossary Of Terms And Styles (March 7th, 2005)
- Mens Suits - The Right Wedding Dress Code (February 4th, 2005)
- Men In High Places And How They Dress (January 21st, 2005)
- The History Of Tailoring - An Overview (January 15th, 2005)
- The Return Of Elegance In Clothing (January 5th, 2005)
- Suit Styles In Fashion This Season (December 20th, 2004)
- What Fabrics Are In Fashion This Season? (December 2nd, 2004)
- The Tuxedo: Sizing Basics (November 1st, 2004)
- The Gentleman´s Attire: The Right Tuxedo For A Wedding (October 9th, 2004)
- Men´s Attire: 4 Ways The Groom Can Stand Out (September 3rd, 2004)
- Mens Accessories: What Is Hot Now - For Weddings - For The Groomsman (August 9th, 2004)
- A General History Of Detachable Collars On Custom Made Business And Formal Shirts (July 5th, 2004)
- Update About Price Revision In The Coming Week (June 18th, 2004)
- Some Facts About Wool - Used For Clothing And Garments (May 31st, 2004)
- Vents In Suit Jackets, Button Hole In Lapels And Cricket (May 3rd, 2004)
- Buttons - Turn Ups In Pants - And Bales Of Fine Wool (April 7th, 2004)
- Tomorrow´s E-wardrobe..custom Suits And Smart Dressing (March 5th, 2004)
- Business Clothing And The Custom Made Executive Attire (January 24th, 2004)
- Happy Colours, Fun Foods Ahead In 2004 (December 23rd, 2003)
- Size Matters! (November 3rd, 2003)
- Knowing Colours Is Key To Being Fashion Conscious..the Hue For You (September 29th, 2003)
- My Suit Shop September Update (September 9th, 2003)
- Wardrobe, Suits, Shirts For The Business Man (September 2nd, 2003)
- Man, His Clothes, Attire And His Watch ! (August 3rd, 2003)
- Custom Clothes Make The Man - Part 1 - Suits, Sports Jackets, Pants, Trousers, And Topcoats (June 29th, 2003)
- The Necktie - From Tie History By Allan Flusser (March 23rd, 2003)
- Dont Be A Casual Casualty ! (February 2nd, 2003)
- Specials For 25 November To 15 December (November 23rd, 2002)
- Cracking The Dress Code - Formal (November 9th, 2002)
- Newsletter October 2002 (October 3rd, 2002)
- Traveling - Your Wardrobe : Packing-care And The Secrets Of Wrinkle-free Travel Part 2 (September 21st, 2002)
- Products And Services Update - August 2002 (August 1st, 2002)
- Traveling -your Wardrobe : Packing-care And The Secrets Of Wrinkle-free Travel Part 1 (July 23rd, 2002)
- Custom Shirting (June 23rd, 2002)
- The Meaning Of Custom Tailoring (May 7th, 2002)
- April Newsletter (April 7th, 2002)
- The Custom Tailor Made Formal Wear And Suits (March 18th, 2002)
- The Dress Shirt And Suit (November 23rd, 2001)
- Shopping And The Body Type For Suits, Jacket, Trousers And Accessories (October 6th, 2001)
- Shopping And The Body Type 2 - Large, Extra Large, Mens Jackets, Suits And Trousers (August 7th, 2001)
- Shopping And The Body Type - Small, Short Mens Sizes (July 10th, 2001)
- High End Mens Suits And Shirts Custom Tailor Made To Measure (July 2nd, 2001)
- Assessing A Garment's Fit And Structure - Mens Suits, Vests, Trousers, Shirts (June 12th, 2001)
- Assessing A Suits Longevity - Tailors And Suit Makers For Men (May 14th, 2001)
- Mens Tailor Made Clothing By Mens Custom Tailors (May 7th, 2001)
- Clothes Make The Man (part 3) (April 27th, 2000)
- Clothes Make The Man (part 2) (March 16th, 2000)
- Clothes Make The Man (January 1st, 2000)
Links to more information of the custom tailors world of tailor made mens and womens clothing and apparel. Here you will find information on textiles, styles, designs and fabrics for custom tailored suits, shirts, pants, coats, jackets, leather and suede garments and more.