Ravi, I have the shirt on right now. It is of very high quality, and good fit. You will have more of my future business. I am very pleased.
Mysuitshop International News Articles
Do's And Dont's For The Smart Dresser
October 21st, 2007
LAWS OF DRESSING
1. You don’t have to spend a lot on clothes to look like you’ve spent a lot.
2. Dark color will always look more authoritative.
3. Classics are classics for a reason.
4. Dressing appropriately is like having good manners.
5. A tie should always be tied and in place, not worn half mast.
6. Nobody sees the label.
7. Quality is more important than quantity.
8. When in doubt, wear navy or Grey.
9. Clothes don’t make the man. (Though they can fake the man.)
TIPS OF SMART SHOPPING
1. Dress appropriately for the stores you will be shopping in.
2. Wear a white dress shirt, dress socks, and the shoes you would wear for the outfit.
3. Always try things on.
4. Always look in the mirror , preferably a there-way mirror
5. If it doesn’t look good in the store, it won’t look good at home.
6. There’s nothing with the lights in the store.
7. When something is on sale, don’t buy it unless you would have bought it at full price if you could have afforded it.
8. Something that’s a little big can be tailored to fit. Something that’s tight will only get tighter.
9. Shoes don’t stretch.
10. The salesperson is supposed to tell you it looks great on you.
1. Jackets that are too tight in the shoulders, snug in the waist, and won’t button make you look like a trussed turkey.
2. Wear socks to the office, unless you work at the beach.
3. Just because it looked good on you ten years ago, doesn’t mean it still does.
4. Until you see the animals lining up in toes, don’t have your pants tailored too short. They should have a break. Don’t let your jacket be too short, your bottom line should never be visible.
5. Belt are to hold up your pants not some sort of technology tool holder. Pagers, phones and other digital elements belong in jacket pockets.
6. Pants that are too baggy look silly and pants that are too tight just look uncomfortable.
7. Wearing suspenders and a belt is redundant and redundant.
8. You will look like a squeezed tube of toothpaste if your shirt is too tight in the collar.
9. Hoods on overcoats.
10. If you have to ask if it goes together, it probably doesn’t.
WHO LOOKS PROFESSIONAL AND WHAT ARE THEY WEARING?
One of the basic rules of office attire is: Dress for the job you want to have, not the job you have. So look around. Who has that job now? And how does he dress for that job? Now, who does he work for and so on.
Share this article with friend
Every office or corporation has a dress code. Learning to read yours properly is a major step toward getting ahead.
ALL DRESSED UP AND SOMEWHERE TO GO
Once you have cracked the office dress code, you have to consider what to wear for different professional occasions and situations. What may be appropriate for a morning meeting might not work for a business lunch or for a presentation. Begin by asking yourself what message you want to send and then find the appropriate clothes in your closet. Here a few different scenarios:
Leading a meeting Obviously what you’re after here is authority, and nothing says authority like a suit. After all, there’s reason why when people refer to management they call them “suits” Since, in many offices, men remove their jackets while working, pay attention to the shirt you’re wearing: Make sure it’s crisp and clean.
Giving a presentation When giving a presentation, you clearly want to have authority and draw attention to yourself. The key here is not to draw so much attention that you take away from the presentation.
Once again, a suit is called for with a shirt and tie. And here is how you draw attention to yourself: With the tie. Without being too ostentations or visually distracting, the shirt-and-tie combination should reflect power. Perhaps a shirt with French cuffs and a woven tie?
Client lunch It is, of course, most important to come across as professional, but you must also be able to read the culture of the culture of the person you are meeting. Do they wear suits? Sport jacket? What about ties? The goal here is to be yourself but, at the client by dressing more formally than they do; rather, show them the proper respect by dressing up more than you normally do if their corporate culture is more formal than yours.
Job review This is just like a job interview so look your best. If you normally wear a suit to office, do so now. If you don’t usually wear one, doing so will only make you look stiff and feel uncomfortable. In that case, you should still dress up: Wear a sport jacket and tie. Show that you care, but don’t look at thought you’re trying too hard.
Boss wants to have drinks First of all, relax. It’s only good. If you wear in trouble, you would go to boss, the boss, the boss wouldn’t come to you. That said, look sharp. Yes, it’s a social to show your personally. In other words, wear a tie that the boss might admire. Or a unique pair of cuff inks that might spark a conversation. And don’t drink too much.
From – Dress Smart for Men
Mysuitshop International News Archives
- Should You Order A Men’s Custom Tuxedo? (December 1st, 2013)
- Understanding The Role Of A Business Suit When Power Dressing (November 10th, 2013)
- Can You Really Buy Tailored Men’s Shirts Online? (October 19th, 2013)
- Are You Afraid To Ask About Bespoke Suits For Men? (September 23rd, 2013)
- Tips For Buying Big And Tall Suits (September 5th, 2013)
- Made To Measure Offers An Affordable Bespoke Alternative (August 27th, 2013)
- Choosing The Right Belt For Your Custom Suit (August 9th, 2013)
- How To Choose Big And Tall Suit (July 30th, 2013)
- History Of The Custom Business Suit (July 16th, 2013)
- How To Mix Patterns In Your Custom Suit Collection (July 1st, 2013)
- Choosing Between A 2 Button Or 3 Button Custom Suit (June 19th, 2013)
- Must Have Jackets And Coats For Men (June 7th, 2013)
- Custom Clothing Terms To Know (May 31st, 2013)
- What Elements Are In A Formal Wear Wardrobe? (May 23rd, 2013)
- How To Dress Your Body Type (May 7th, 2013)
- How To Choose The Right Fabric For You (May 3rd, 2013)
- How To Choose The Right Custom Suit For You (April 23rd, 2013)
- How To Choose Men’s Suits Online (April 11th, 2013)
- How To Design A Custom Trouser (April 1st, 2013)
- How To Wear Nudes (March 5th, 2013)
- Why Do I Hate Brown Color? (February 19th, 2013)
- The Trend Setters – A Custom White Suit? Clunky Watches? Ankle Straps? (January 15th, 2013)
- A Tailor Made Suit (March 11th, 2012)
- More About Waistband In Skirts And Pants (January 16th, 2012)
- Fabrics Used For Suits (January 8th, 2012)
- Thread Count On High Quality Shirts (December 9th, 2011)
- Luxury Wool And Cashmere (November 17th, 2011)
- How To Make Your Own Patterns (November 10th, 2011)
- Clothing Color Cordination (October 20th, 2011)
- Womens Skirt (September 25th, 2011)
- Trousers Style (August 22nd, 2011)
- 10 Common Fashion Mistakes (August 4th, 2011)
- Vintage Fashion (July 7th, 2011)
- Mandarin Collar Suit (June 20th, 2011)
- Fashion Tips For Short Man (May 31st, 2011)
- Interview Suits (May 17th, 2011)
- More On Apparel, Clothing & Garments (April 25th, 2011)
- Fabric Manufacturing - Weaving, Knitting, Braiding (March 28th, 2011)
- Fashion Trends (March 14th, 2011)
- Dress Shirts With Suits (February 17th, 2011)
- Suit Etiquettes (January 28th, 2011)
- Western Style Business Suits (January 7th, 2011)
- Elements Of Formal Clothing - Part 4 (December 14th, 2010)
- Yahoo Says - How To Tie A Tie Is Most-asked Web Question In 2010 (December 13th, 2010)
- History Of Suits - Part 3 (November 10th, 2010)
- History Of Suits - Part 2 (November 9th, 2010)
- History Of Suits - Part 1 (November 8th, 2010)
- Ordering An Overcoat (October 19th, 2010)
- Tailor Made Mens Dress Shirt (October 18th, 2010)
- Components Of Black Tie Attire (September 22nd, 2010)
- Types Of Waistcoat Or Vest (September 13th, 2010)
- Frock Coat - A Formal Wear (August 31st, 2010)
- What Are Different Shapes Of Skirts? (August 23rd, 2010)
- The Silhouette For Suits, Sports Jackets And Topcoats (August 20th, 2010)
- Mens Style - Important Rules (July 16th, 2010)
- Know Your Body Type To Get The Fit (July 13th, 2010)
- Cotton Pyjamas (July 12th, 2010)
- Wool - A Versatile Fabric For Tailored Suits (June 28th, 2010)
- What Is A Thread Count On Shirts? (June 5th, 2010)
- Mens Linen Pants (June 1st, 2010)
- Waistcoats - In Fashion (May 7th, 2010)
- Mens Sports Coat Or Blazer (April 24th, 2010)
- Basics Of Mens Suit (March 22nd, 2010)
- Jeans And Denim Fashion (March 9th, 2010)
- Custom Tailored Mens Dress Shirt (January 29th, 2010)
- Perfect Attire For Winters (January 15th, 2010)
- How To Wear A Double Breasted Suit (December 22nd, 2009)
- Wedding Attire For Groom-- Tuxedo (December 4th, 2009)
- More On Topstitching (November 21st, 2009)
- The Custom Clothing --- Is This Really For You? (November 6th, 2009)
- Features Of A Good Custom Suit (October 23rd, 2009)
- How To Choose Mens Suit Color (October 9th, 2009)
- Made To Measure Shirt Styles (September 14th, 2009)
- How To Choose The Color And Fabric For The Shirt (August 23rd, 2009)
- Fabric For Dress Shirts (July 24th, 2009)
- How To Choose Right Fabric For Business Shirt (June 22nd, 2009)
- Why Custom Fit (June 14th, 2009)
- What Are The Benefits To Buy Custom Cloths (June 5th, 2009)
- Casual Business Attire (June 1st, 2009)
- The History Of Custom Clothing: An Overview (May 24th, 2009)
- How To Dress Within Your Industry Norms (March 25th, 2009)
- Suits To Wear In Recession (March 11th, 2009)
- Casual Yet A Business Executive Attire (February 27th, 2009)
- Wardrobes That Win In Work Place (February 23rd, 2009)
- Does Cloths Reflects Your Personality (February 14th, 2009)
- Dressing For Succes For Women (February 4th, 2009)
- How To Make Your Interview Wardrobe (January 23rd, 2009)
- How To Choose Right Suit (December 27th, 2008)
- Style Vs. Fashion (December 8th, 2008)
- New Laws Of Fashion Part 1 (August 29th, 2008)
- How To Do Shop Smart Shopping. (July 17th, 2008)
- Proper Dressing For An Interview. (June 20th, 2008)
- Dressing Etiquettes (May 29th, 2008)
- Dressing Behaviour Shows Your Personality (April 18th, 2008)
- Design Your Wardrobe (March 9th, 2008)
- Quality And Quantity (February 18th, 2008)
- How To Match Your Shirt And Tie (February 11th, 2008)
- Smart Online Shopping (January 15th, 2008)
- Business Suit For Men - Made Of Wool (December 22nd, 2007)
- Men's Business Suit (November 16th, 2007)
- Investing In Your Custom Made Wardrobe (October 11th, 2007)
- The Right Clothes For The Work Place (September 20th, 2007)
- Suits And Shirts For Work (September 3rd, 2007)
- Accessories For The Well Dressed Man (August 20th, 2007)
- Wool Worsteds & Super Numbers.... (August 13th, 2007)
- Tools Of The Trade (August 6th, 2007)
- Your Perfect Formal Wardrobe. (July 20th, 2007)
- Proper Dressing For An Interview. (July 10th, 2007)
- Dressing In The Corporate World. (July 2nd, 2007)
- Different Looks At Different Times. (June 22nd, 2007)
- The Importance Of Formal Cloths In Today's Life. (June 6th, 2007)
- Dress Smart - The Packaging Of You – How To Clothe Your Self (May 11th, 2007)
- What To Wear To Work - Deciphering Industry Dress Codes (March 19th, 2007)
- Checking Out The Dress Codes Of Business (February 26th, 2007)
- Clothes Talk, People Listen (February 13th, 2007)
- Interview Wardrobe - From Dress Smart (February 5th, 2007)
- Do You Dress Smart? - From Dress Smart For Men (January 15th, 2007)
- Trends In Business Wear (December 25th, 2006)
- What To Wear To A Wedding - Attire For The Invited (December 6th, 2006)
- The S-numbers Game - Mens Super Wool Suits (November 25th, 2006)
- How To Choose A Tailor For Your Suit (November 18th, 2006)
- Storing Your Suits And Shirts At Home (November 5th, 2006)
- Dress For Interview Success (October 15th, 2006)
- Renting And Buying Basics For Mens Tuxedos (October 8th, 2006)
- The Easy Fix - The Seasons New Jacket Styles - From Formal To Casual (September 30th, 2006)
- How To Sell Made To Measure Suits And Shirts (September 23rd, 2006)
- Cotton - Hemp - Jute - Clothing For Men And Women (September 12th, 2006)
- When You Travel By Air - Wardrobe And Clothing Fyi (September 2nd, 2006)
- Clothes Do Make The Man! - Or At Least The First Impression (August 12th, 2006)
- Mens Suits In Wool Specialty Fibers (August 4th, 2006)
- Hire A Tailor For Custom Made Suits And Shirts (July 29th, 2006)
- Write Up On Natural And Synthetic Fiber (June 30th, 2006)
- Shirt And Suit Colours And Their Meanings (June 26th, 2006)
- Wash Silk At Home! (June 2nd, 2006)
- Alan Flusser: Back To Basics (May 24th, 2006)
- Accessories For Your Suits And Shirts (May 15th, 2006)
- A Guide To Kosher Halach Compliant Clothing (May 8th, 2006)
- How To Keep Your Suits, Shirts And Ties Clean (April 22nd, 2006)
- Some Materials Used In Mens Suits (April 13th, 2006)
- The Secret Of Buying Suit For Work (April 3rd, 2006)
- Hat Wearing Etiquette For Men (March 28th, 2006)
- History Of The Black Suit (March 22nd, 2006)
- The Making And Different Kinds Of Synthetic Fibers (March 4th, 2006)
- Flight Suits And Dress When Travelling (February 25th, 2006)
- Mens Business Suit - British Cut And American Cut (February 18th, 2006)
- The Burn Test - How To Test A Fabric For Its Contents (February 10th, 2006)
- The Numbers Game - What Does Super Wool Mean? (January 30th, 2006)
- The Tux: A Groom's Fashion Checklist (January 23rd, 2006)
- Lifestyle - Older, Wiser And Trendier - How Dressing Your Age Can Make You Look Younger (January 16th, 2006)
- Bespoke Suits For Men - How To Wear (January 9th, 2006)
- The Making Of A Bespoke Suit - By A Suit Maker. (December 19th, 2005)
- Harris Tweed - A Story (December 11th, 2005)
- Pleather - What Is Going On With Artificial Leather This Season - Pleather Over Leather? (December 4th, 2005)
- Terms And Meanings In The Tailors World (November 28th, 2005)
- Evolution And Revolution In Mens Clothing (November 17th, 2005)
- Why Do Men Button Left Over Right And Women Right Over Left? (November 3rd, 2005)
- ‘made In Italy’ Is Starting To Go Out Of Fashion (October 25th, 2005)
- Office Fashion Tip: Looking Grown Up Whatever Your Age (October 17th, 2005)
- Men's Fashion Grooming (September 26th, 2005)
- Wedding Guest Attire (September 19th, 2005)
- The Blazer (September 12th, 2005)
- Nip And Tuck (September 5th, 2005)
- Uniform Gets The Respect It Deserves (August 29th, 2005)
- Dry Cleaning Your Suits (July 19th, 2005)
- Dressing To Hide Your Weight, Dressing Tips For Bbw And Large Size Males (July 18th, 2005)
- A Bespoke Suit (July 11th, 2005)
- Detachable Collars On Custom Made Business And Formal Shirts - Brief History (July 4th, 2005)
- How To Ensure A Proper Fit (June 28th, 2005)
- Store Your Clothes... Properly (June 20th, 2005)
- Men’s Fashion: Suits (June 13th, 2005)
- The Ten Most Common Men's Fashion Mistakes (June 6th, 2005)
- Dressing For Job Interviews (May 31st, 2005)
- Loose Wire - The Art, And Technology, Of Packing Your Clothes (May 24th, 2005)
- There Is Something About Socks (May 17th, 2005)
- Men's Accessories: What Is Hot Now - For Weddings - For The Groomsman (May 9th, 2005)
- Preening Returns To Form -- And Thats Just Dandy (May 3rd, 2005)
- 2005 Spring/summer (April 26th, 2005)
- Luxurious Wool For Suits (April 18th, 2005)
- Some Suggestions For Randomly Selected Faq's (April 4th, 2005)
- Clothes Do Make The Man! - How Important Really Is What We Wear? (March 28th, 2005)
- The Tux: A Groom's Fashion Checklist (March 21st, 2005)
- The Tux: A Glossary Of Terms And Styles (March 7th, 2005)
- Mens Suits - The Right Wedding Dress Code (February 4th, 2005)
- Men In High Places And How They Dress (January 21st, 2005)
- The History Of Tailoring - An Overview (January 15th, 2005)
- The Return Of Elegance In Clothing (January 5th, 2005)
- Suit Styles In Fashion This Season (December 20th, 2004)
- What Fabrics Are In Fashion This Season? (December 2nd, 2004)
- The Tuxedo: Sizing Basics (November 1st, 2004)
- The Gentleman´s Attire: The Right Tuxedo For A Wedding (October 9th, 2004)
- Men´s Attire: 4 Ways The Groom Can Stand Out (September 3rd, 2004)
- Mens Accessories: What Is Hot Now - For Weddings - For The Groomsman (August 9th, 2004)
- A General History Of Detachable Collars On Custom Made Business And Formal Shirts (July 5th, 2004)
- Update About Price Revision In The Coming Week (June 18th, 2004)
- Some Facts About Wool - Used For Clothing And Garments (May 31st, 2004)
- Vents In Suit Jackets, Button Hole In Lapels And Cricket (May 3rd, 2004)
- Buttons - Turn Ups In Pants - And Bales Of Fine Wool (April 7th, 2004)
- Tomorrow´s E-wardrobe..custom Suits And Smart Dressing (March 5th, 2004)
- Business Clothing And The Custom Made Executive Attire (January 24th, 2004)
- Happy Colours, Fun Foods Ahead In 2004 (December 23rd, 2003)
- Size Matters! (November 3rd, 2003)
- Knowing Colours Is Key To Being Fashion Conscious..the Hue For You (September 29th, 2003)
- My Suit Shop September Update (September 9th, 2003)
- Wardrobe, Suits, Shirts For The Business Man (September 2nd, 2003)
- Man, His Clothes, Attire And His Watch ! (August 3rd, 2003)
- Custom Clothes Make The Man - Part 1 - Suits, Sports Jackets, Pants, Trousers, And Topcoats (June 29th, 2003)
- The Necktie - From Tie History By Allan Flusser (March 23rd, 2003)
- Dont Be A Casual Casualty ! (February 2nd, 2003)
- Specials For 25 November To 15 December (November 23rd, 2002)
- Cracking The Dress Code - Formal (November 9th, 2002)
- Newsletter October 2002 (October 3rd, 2002)
- Traveling - Your Wardrobe : Packing-care And The Secrets Of Wrinkle-free Travel Part 2 (September 21st, 2002)
- Products And Services Update - August 2002 (August 1st, 2002)
- Traveling -your Wardrobe : Packing-care And The Secrets Of Wrinkle-free Travel Part 1 (July 23rd, 2002)
- Custom Shirting (June 23rd, 2002)
- Newsletter June 2002 (June 6th, 2002)
- The Meaning Of Custom Tailoring (May 7th, 2002)
- April Newsletter (April 7th, 2002)
- The Custom Tailor Made Formal Wear And Suits (March 18th, 2002)
- The Dress Shirt And Suit (November 23rd, 2001)
- Shopping And The Body Type For Suits, Jacket, Trousers And Accessories (October 6th, 2001)
- Shopping And The Body Type 2 - Large, Extra Large, Mens Jackets, Suits And Trousers (August 7th, 2001)
- Shopping And The Body Type - Small, Short Mens Sizes (July 10th, 2001)
- High End Mens Suits And Shirts Custom Tailor Made To Measure (July 2nd, 2001)
- Assessing A Garment's Fit And Structure - Mens Suits, Vests, Trousers, Shirts (June 12th, 2001)
- Assessing A Suits Longevity - Tailors And Suit Makers For Men (May 14th, 2001)
- Mens Tailor Made Clothing By Mens Custom Tailors (May 7th, 2001)
- Clothes Make The Man (part 3) (April 27th, 2000)
- Clothes Make The Man (part 2) (March 16th, 2000)
- Clothes Make The Man (January 1st, 2000)
Links to more information of the custom tailors world of tailor made mens and womens clothing and apparel. Here you will find information on textiles, styles, designs and fabrics for custom tailored suits, shirts, pants, coats, jackets, leather and suede garments and more.