Do you have any Advice on how to take sizes best ? Is there a perfect way to Take ideal measurements ? Should I submit sizes in Centimeters or in Inches ?
Ideally the instructions and details in our meausurements forms should be followed closely and our video clips in the measurements forms should be closely observed for instructions on how to take measurements.
Ours is a very comprehensive form that can be used for all garments, including shirts, suits, pants etc.
Two dimensional measurements such as lengths, shoulder widths etc can be taken off another piece of clothing that fits well but three dimensional measurements such as chest circumference, stomach etc should be taken off the body.
Please use the video tutorials on the forms to see how best the measurements should be taken.
When taking Measurements, we would recommend a thin shirt or t-shirt and a well fitting pair of pants be worn.
Please do not take measurements wearing a jacket or jeans or shorts and other such casual clothing.
Tights, jogging suits, corsets or any other body binding garments should not be worn when taking the sizes.
For Pants and Trousers measurements, ideally the pants you wear when taking the measurements should sit exactly where you would like your custom pants to sit if these are being ordered. Bear in mind the position of the pants waist band on the waist at the sides, front and back as required when taking the measurements for the pants outseam and U-crotch.
Jacket lengths do not necessarily have to conform to the second knuckle on the thumb since some have long arms and others short arms as well as styles selected also make a difference. Ideally the standard jacket length should cover at least the buttocks at the back and the crotch in the front.
Do not take the neck size of shirts tightly or snugly. Make sure a finger is kept between the tape and the body for comfort allowance for the collar.
We do not prefer using off the rack measurements for custom clothing..for obvious reasons!
When submitting shirt sleeve lengths, do not submit half shoulder and sleeve length as sleeve length is generally understood specially in the USA. Please measure sleeve length from the top of the shoulder to the length desired as is described in the measurements forms.
For your convenience, each measurement requirement for each kind of garment is indicated using icons so that those minimal sizes get submitted as necessary, with your order.
For suits and pants, we prefer the complete set of measurements per the requirements in our measurements forms.
May We also confirm that the measurements can be submitted in centimeters or in inches.
For your reference though, coming from the traditional school of tailoring, we work with inches and should sizes be submitted in cms, we would be converting them to inches in any case before beginning on the patterns of the custom order.
Hence, we do prefer inches if we have the choice.
Kindly remember to select the appropriate unit of measurement when submitting the sizes.
Other commonly asked questions about Measurements, Sizes, How to? When ? What ?
- What sizes are Big and Tall for Men? What sizes constitue Large sizes for Women?
- What does NOA mean?
- Can I send in sizes that I want copied from a garment that fits me well?
- When I submit sizes, it shows an - Out Of Range - Error.
- I am afraid to take sizes. Can I send measurements off a garment I am happy with?
- What is difference between "Slim or Snug Fit", "Athletic Cut" and "Full Fit"?
- How do I send my Digital Images to use with my order?
- How do I best take sizes? With clothes on or without any clothes on?
- I have a shirt I want sizes taken from. How should we go about with this?
- I have existing garments that I want to send to you for Replicating sizes off of. How do I do this?
- When, How, Where do I submit my Measurements?
- Can you do Large loose shirts ? Can you to Tight or fitted Shirts ? Loose baggy slacks? Snug fit pants ? Boxy Jackets?
- Can you do Big and Tall size Custom Clothing?
- Is there a premium charge for Big and Tall sizes ?
- Can you do wheelchair fit ?/ I have physical limitations, can you accomodate them in my custom clothing ?
- What if I am an odd size with parts of my physique larger or smaller than other parts of my physique? Such as, what if my neck is a lot larger than the rest of my proportions or what if my sleeves are extra short compared to the rest of me?
- Can I update the measurements after the order has been delivered?
- I am an existing client but do not see my measurements profile in my account. Do you have all my measurements? If so, why is it not shown?
- Can I update the measurements before an order has been placed or after an order has been placed in case that I have already submitted my measurements earlier?
- How can I be sure of a perfect fit?
- Can you use off the rack sizes? Can I submit Ready to Wear sizes for my custom clothing?
- What are the minimal size requirements for Shirts ? Jackets ? Pants ? Vests ?