Are your Jackets Hand Basted or Fused? Can you do Hand Basted Canvas Fronts? Are shirt collars fused? What about the Seams?
Per our usual standards of production, we use a mix of traditional old world construction and modern techniques and features for the construction of our Jackets/coats/shirts.
Normally, the panel interlinings in our suits and coats are a combination of fusion and canvas.
The top breast panels are fused and also have hand basted canvas interlinings for added support and the lower half of the jacket front is fusion for increased flow and drape.
We can however prepare full canvas or full fusion interlinings on jackets and coats if this is desired. There is however a small premium for this feature and this additional option should be selected in the accessories page of the order placement process.
Only the finest threads are used for handbasting so that the outer shell of the jackets or coats seem to �float� on the body when worn.
Kindly also include this requirement in the notes in the special request section of the order placement process when submitting your order.
All our shirt collars are double fused for added durability and stiffness resulting in shirts that are top of the range in quality of construction.
Here are some of the TRUE MARKS OF Our BESPOKE SHIRTS...
All of our shirts are sewn with a minimum of 12 to 18 stitches per inch, depending on the fabric being used for the shirt, with full single needle construction resulting in strong, flat seams that do not separate.
Premium interlinings are fused into the collar and cuffs giving a smooth, even appearance.
Our Shirt collars are hand-cut and hand-turned.
Built in stay pockets prevent the removable stay from showing through the fabric.
Sleeve to cuff pleating gives balance to sleeve.
Pearl coated mylar buttons are cross stitched for extra strength.
Hand finishing and pressing insure individual attention to each shirt.
It is our intention that our products should be used for as long a period of time as possible. Hence unlike off the rack clothing which is made close to the edge in every seam, our custom clothing is made with large margins.
Pants waist can be increased by 3 inches and jackets can be increased by 3 to 4 inches easily!
We maintain a high standard of QUALITY AND WORKMANSHIP with dedication to customer service. Click Here to find out more about our standards of custom garment construction.
View our top Questions.
Other commonly asked questions about Product Features
- How does a fully constructed, tailored Jacket differ from semi constructed or unconstructed jackets?
- What is a Semi constructed Jacket? How do unconstructed, semi constructed and fully constructed jackets differ?
- What is an unconstructed Jacket? What is the difference between a fully constructed and an unconstructed Jacket?
- What is the difference between ready to wear/off the peg and Made to Measure and full Bespoke Suits?
- How are your jackets, pants, shirts made? What type of construction is done on your jackets, shirts, pants? What are your manufacturing specifications?
- What types of Jacket/Coat construction is done at MySuitShop?
- What sort of religious criteria can be added to a Custom order construction?
- What are the Standards of MySuitShop.com?
- How do I know if MySuitShop is for me?
- What about Big and Tall sizes?
- Can I order for others such as family?
I have a question about another topic.
I have a different question about Product Features (Send an Email)