What is Hand Basted Full Canvas Front ?
The handbasted canvas front is an extremely special feature where the canvas is attached to the front of the jacket by silk threads so that basically the top shell of the jacket actually floats on the canvas thus giving more fluidity and drape to the jacket.
This is a very time consuming and extremely labour intensive suit production method and thus very expensive to undertake.
This is the very traditional old days way of constructing the jacket or coat as opposed to the modern way of quicker construction by using high grade fusion and heat treatment.
Please note that there is a small fee for this extra premium feature and a few extra days may be required in order completion, should this option have been selected during order placement.
Please also note that this is a feature only the well trained eye can discern. Only those in the know or those who have only been wearing only the very high end Saville row suits, can tell if a suit has been made using hand basting. This is not a feature for the budget conscious nor a feature necessary for those not seeking an extra special product!
View our top Questions.
Other commonly asked questions about Accessories , Special Requests, Monogrammes, Optionals, Trimmings
- What is the ready to wear Category?
- What are working buttons/Functioning buttons?
- What are Rope Shoulders? Can you do Rope Shoulders on suits?
- Can I order shirts with contrast collars and cuffs? Can you make shirts with white collars and white cuffs?
- Do you make Non - Shatnez and Halacha compliant clothing?
- What material do you use for linings?
- What are hand stitched lapels and pockets?
- What are the Special Requests for Suits or Shirts that I can add to my order?
- I want corporate logo, personal logo on the garments I Order.
- Do you do removable collar stays on shirts?
- Can I order detachable Collars on my shirts?
- How and Where do I choose Neckties or Cufflinks?
- I want half lined or fully lined pants, I want half lined or fully lined Jackets. I like removable collar stays in my shirts. Is this possible?
- I would like Monogrammes, I want working sleeve buttons, I want hand stitched/pick stitched Lapels. Is this possible?
- What Monogramme styles are available for choosing? How do I indicate this?
I have a question about another topic.
I have a different question about Accessories , Special Requests, Monogrammes, Optionals, Trimmings (Send an Email)