What is the difference between the CLASSIC COLLECTIONS, PREMIER COLLECTION and the SUPERIOR COLLECTION ?
The fabrics in our classic collections are all made in Thailand and have a higher synthetic content to make them more wrinkle resistant and easy to maintain.
These fabrics are excellent for traveling and as very cost effective suits.
The Premier fabrics are all imported with minimal synthetic blends and are generally lighter in weight.
They have a softer drape and fall. These fabrics are richer in look and feel.
The Superior fabrics are all imported from Europe and are all pure wools, cashmeres etc unless otherwise specified.
These materials do not contain any synthetic fibers.
Should budgetary constraints not be an issue, we would recommend the more value added Premier or Superior fabrics for all your suiting needs and the Classic collections for your shirts as the best option.
It is not unusual though for first time clients to order from our classic collections to confirm the fit and cut of our products before investing in higher end selections.
Our other fabrics range that is top end is the DELUXE AND THE HERITAGE GOLD COLLECTIONS. The fabrics in the HERITAGE GOLD COLLECTIONS are sourced from Top End suppliers such as Dormieul, Holland and Sherry, Reda, Barberis and others in Europe.
The associated costs of having the fabric delivered to us for custom making to specifications provided as well as the fabrics being produced by high end millers, makes this line of fabric more expensive than the DELUXE.
The DELUXE COLLECTIONS itself is a very high end fabric range comparable to the best there is, but since it is available here in Thailand easily, and also stocked in our inventory, economies of scale allow custom clothing in these materials to be produced more cost effectively.
For the sake of comparison, an equivalent suit to our single breasted two piece from the classic collections is available in the USA for around USD 600 off the rack! An equivalent of our single breasted two piece suit from the exclusive collections is retailing in the USA for around USD 750+ and a suit equivalent to our deluxe collection single breasted suit retails for USD 950 in the USA.
Fabrics from our HERITAGE GOLD collections are rarely available as off the rack ready to wear suits and are generally found at very high end custom tailors such as those on Saville Row, England.
The suits in our HERITAGE GOLD collection if found off the rack ready to wear from a designer label generally retails for USD 1500 + and if made to measure by a custom tailor in the UK, would generally go for USD 2500+ or GBP 1800+
The Fabrics in our Deluxe Collections and the Heritage Gold Collections can be found at our sister site at www.mycustomtailor.com
The fabrics in these collections are higher end materials ideal for the truly discerning dresser who is willing to invest in top end, high quality custom clothing for personal sartorial pleasure.
Please visit us at www.mycustomtailor.com for top of the range quality fabrics for suits, shirts and other custom clothing.
Other commonly asked questions about Fabrics and Styles
- I want to order a poplin, cotton, wool, silk suit/shirt?
- I would like to order custom denim Jackets/coats/slacks/jeans etc.
- I am looking for a particular colour. Do you have the colour I am looking for?
- What is Linen? Why Linen?
- What is Fabric Popularity and how is it judged?
- I have a particular fabric in mind, how do I search for it on this site?
- What are the most popular fabrics? What are votes on fabrics?
- I am looking for wrinkle resistant fabrics, durable, everyday wear
- Do you have higher end fabrics available apart from those displayed?
- Where can I find the Exclusive, Deluxe and Heritage Gold collections?
- Which Mills do you obtain your fabrics from? Where do most of your fabrics come from?
- What is PVC ? What is Pleather ?
- I am looking for Fabric Care Information
- I want to know more about the Various Silks available.
- What are fabrics in the CloseOuts Category? What are Exclusive Closeouts? Deluxe Closeouts?
- What material and colour has been used in the Style image I like ? I want to order the same.
- I would like to order a garment from one collection, in a fabric from another collection. How do I do so ?
- I am a woman, but I like mens style shirts or suits. How do I order this ?
- I would like to order a Custom made Denim Jeans. Can you do this?
- I would like to order a Suit/Shirt in White/Cream/Blue/Yellow/Pink/Orange or in a colour not shown here . How do I do so ? What Fabric is best for such a garment?
- I would like to buy Fabric only / Do you Sell by the Yard ?/ What is the cost per yard of Fabric ?
- I am looking for a very particular fabric/Can you source a fabric I am looking for?
- Where and How do I view the various fabrics?
- Does MySuitShop Make to Measure with my cloth? How and Where can I send you cloth for my Custom garments?
- Does MySuitShop customize to any style?
- Can you make a custom piece of clothing from an image I send to you?
- Can I order swatches?
- I would like to know more about Textiles.
- Where can I find more information about fashion and clothing?
- I would like to Order a CATALOGUE of your products.
I have a different question about Fabrics and Styles (Send an Email)